You know what really grinds my gears? Parents who think they corner the market on sleep deprivation. And this isn't stemming from any recent conversations I've held. Just an overall childfree opinion I've developed over the years. You know who else doesn't get any sleep? A person who runs her household, goes to school, spends hours upon hours doing homework, and co-runs the family business. This past weekend we had a booth set up at a festival. Mind you this was only for one day, but due to other weekend obligations and trying to maintain a shadow of a social life, I only managed to get 13 hours of sleep on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights combined. Waking up at 5am on Friday and Saturday wasn't very enjoyable. I think waking up before 10am is a crime. I managed to drink 7-8 cups of coffee over the course of two days, and several caffeinated diet sodas. Then come Sunday night I worked on homework until 2am, THEN my stupid body wouldn't fall asleep until 4am.
I'm a person that loves sleep. If sleep were a person I'd marry it (sorry hubs). When I was younger, I'd get home from school at 3:30pm, take a nap until 7:30pm then go to bed from 12:30am-7:30am. Now I consider it a good nights sleep if I get 5 uninterrupted hours. I miss the days of naps, now it's caffeine and nicotine to keep me going. Alright end grumpy, sleepy rant!

No comments:
Post a Comment