Thursday, September 4, 2014
Back to School, Back to School
For weeks before school I constantly had this vision of Billy Madison, waiting for the school bus and singing. One of my favorite movies. Granted I'm not trying to prove anything or earn my inheritance, but instead create a future for my family. Nonetheless, still I had that tune stuck in my head for weeks.
The first day left me feeling nervous, excited, and intimidated. Lucky me I'd have a first day of class five times, then five turned into six (but that within itself is an entirely different story still to come).
Monday afternoon, nutrition; left me praising God that I was going into this class knowing someone! Not just anyone but my husband's aunt who wonderfully is an older student like me and a freshman! I knew going into this I wouldn't be alone. The teacher was late, and nervous. So so so sweet, but nervous. She had never taught a class our size before. The first thing I notice is my short legs are too long for this desk, as well I'm not the weight I was in high school. How the heck are you supposed to fit in these tiny desks? All those nerves and my only class of the day, my 3 hour class lasted not even 45 minutes. Day one done and in the books.
The syllabus was straight forward, I loved it. Knowing all my assignments, so much better than I remembered high school.
Lessons learned from day one: lose weight, get even shorter legs, don't bring a backpack when you only have one class that day, and realize that others are just as new at this as you are.
This won't be so hard, will it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment