Friday, November 21, 2014

It's That Time Again Already


Finals are approaching, registration has begun, course requirements are being released. Book shopping is so much fun! (only a hint of sarcasm) As I am an insanely cheap person I do not enjoy throwing away $150 for a university custom bio book. I loathe it. The resale value is total crap; because let's face it no one outside your university will ever be able to use the book, being that it is custom and all. I opt for rental with the gen ed classes, because when am I ever going to need to go back to reference a music appreciation book? I shop around, I consider the course and if an e-book will work I go for that option. Unfortunately I am not all about trying to read every text book as an e-book so I only have one or two books that I can pull that off with. I am all for rental and used, the custom books burn my bridge as they typically are only available new; because each school year they seem to release a new edition. 

One fun thing that amused me while browsing for books tonight was the rental price for a pocket manual in my english class. This manual is used throughout every english class as it is just a guide for various writing formats. I already have one since I'm taking an english class this semester and have actually opted for an e-version. The rental price on this one caught my attention...


Now, I realize this is a typo of some sort. It just amuses me, and due to financial frustration for this cheapo I needed a good laugh.

On another note I have begun to realize most of my posts are complaining in nature, and for anyone that actually reads this I'd like to say I'm not typically such an unpleasant person; there is just something about school that brings out the grumpy whiner in me. Hence the use of the word grumpier in my blog title.

Now onto another note, I would just like to say that I mistakenly had too much wine the other night then realized I had a paper to write. I had to complete the research for it as well. I got 100% on that paper, which has raised the question; does booze improve my writing skills?

No comments:

Post a Comment