I have a love/hate relationship with my Survey of Popular Music class. I love the subject, we listen to awesome music and learn about musicians and bands. The professor is alright, he uses the word gig too much, but he's alright. Easy tests. This is why I love the class. Here is why I hate the class: It's a gen ed, everyone in there is annoying, and I will end up punching someone. First off almost everyone in there is a freshman, and they ask some of the dumbest questions. It's obvious many of them only enjoy the auto tuned crap today's music industry produces. Aside from the older guy in my class, who thinks he is the shit for being older. He acts all knowing and way to condescending for my taste. I literally talk to no one in this class, there are at least 60+ students. I sit in the back, which is partially my fault for so much of my frustration. However, it is the best way for me to see the slides and take accurate notes. So I'm pretty much screwed. Everyone around me feels the need to talk and eat loudly. No one takes notes, which the notes are only given in class. There is no going to Blackboard and copying the notes. So in order to ace the class, which is super easy to do, you have to take notes. I receive no greater pleasure than on the days he gives back exams or papers. As this class is super easy, I get A's and 100's on all the assignments. While others around me get C's and D's.
When I hear people complaining about their bad grades and being unable to understand why they did so bad, I just want to shake them and tell them that if they would shut up and pay attention they could be passing this super easy class too. Instead I sit there like the world's biggest jerk with a smug smile on my face, leaving my graded assignments/tests out for those around me to see just how wonderful I am.
Maybe I should see someone about this? But then again, I kind of enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment