Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Slightly Dramatic Post

I will be 29 in a little over a month. The last year of my twenties. I can remember as a little kid thinking of how old 30 was. Now I am torn between feeling young and starting to become a real adult. I have owned my own home for almost 9 years, I married too young to legally drink at my wedding, I have had a job of some sort since I was 14 or 15; but THIS is what makes me feel like I am almost an adult. That and the day I have had. Reading in my math book and I came across this sentence: "Have you done any of the following today: sent a text message, spent time on Facebook, browsed the Internet, checked your email, listened to your iPod, talked on your cell phone, or gotten directions from a GPS device?" Then I thought to myself how different it is than anything that would have been in my text books back when I was in school. Not to mention today I arrived to one of my classes early, and by the time the class was over I had been sitting for so long that I felt stiff when I got up from my desk. In another class I outed myself as older twice. The first incident was when the professor noticed I and another student shared the same first name. I commented that I was use to it because back in the 80's my name was very popular. Everyone in the class looked at me funny, none of them had been alive in the 80's. Then we were discussing operating systems and the professor asked if anyone remembered Vista, I laughed and commented that I could remember Windows 95. They looked at me again, thank God I didn't mention the computer we had when I was a kid, it required floppy disks to even run a program. In my biology lab, I was relieved when I saw a man with graying hair; then got sad when I realized I'd probably have more in common with him than anyone else in the room. 

Alright, well I better get back to math since I was actually in the middle of homework and had this ridiculous revelation. It's probably more to do with my over work and under slept mind that has caused me to think all this is a bigger deal than it really is. But still. They are so young looking, like little kids. I get terrified just realizing they are parking near my vehicle and have only been driving for like a year or two. Alright, really end of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment